Reaching the unseen



Logo Design by


May God bless the Pastors and Bible Teachers all over the world, we thank God that Sermons to the World is now reaching 152 countries and all 50 States and The District of Columbia in the U.S.


Mission: To be a resource to Pastors and Bible teachers in spreading the Gospel of Jesus Christ around the world. – Sermons to the World


Vision: To reach the world on the internet to fulfill the command of Jesus in Matthew 28:19-20 – “to go into all the world and teach all nations”.

Bible Verse

"Believe in the Lord Jesus and you will be saved, along with everyone in your household." Acts 16:31

Saturday, September 14, 2013



By Pastor Mark Taylor

Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.” (Matthew 6:34)
Our Lord Jesus has told us not to get so preoccupied with tomorrow that they forgot about what happened today. Don’t get so worried about how you are going to eat tomorrow that you can’t celebrate the meal you just had.  Remember the Lord’s Prayer. “Give us this day our daily bread.” Jesus didn’t say anything about accumulating bread for tomorrow. He didn’t say anything about having a bread bank from which to draw. No, he said, “Give us today what we need today.” Focus on what we need now, not on what we’re going to need in the future.

Bread is a symbol for everything necessary for life and well-being-to include food, good health, shelter, clothing, a means of income, peace, safety, friends and family. This does not mean we do not need to save for our retirement or buy enough groceries to last us for a few days.  It does not mean that we cannot have better things in life.  In fact, God wants to bless those that serve and love Him with material blessings.  It simply means “do not worry about tomorrow.”  It means to take one day at a time. It means not to worry.  Do what you can and leave the rest up to God.  Learn to be content and focus on the blessings you have today, until God gives you more tomorrow.  "If we have food and clothing, let us be content with that"  (I Timothy 6:8).

Consider the birds of the air. They build their nests and provide for their young but how often does a strong wind come along that destroys their nest and disrupts the feeding of their young? Even so, God says that he cares for them and supplies their need.
Have you ever seen a bird in the wild that starved to death? God provides for them. What makes us think that he cares any less for us? (Matthew 6:26)

Consider the lilies of the field. They don’t fertilize the ground that they grow in and they don’t provide their own rain. God provides every necessity for their existence and they want for nothing.

This message is to those who love God, work hard, and are still struggling in their lives.  It is not written to encourage people to depend on God and others for their daily needs, unless they are disabled or unable, or have no resources.  “If a man will not work, he will not eat” (II Thessalonians 3:10) is directly aimed at those who think that they don’t have to do anything because God will care for their every physical need whether they work for it or not.  Learn to trust the providence of God. Birds trust God to supply their needs however God does not come along and drop the worms in their mouths. Trusting God doesn’t mean we are lazy and indifferent, but it does mean we come to the point that we can know that God will provide what I really need.

We have many promises from our Heavenly Father and testimonies of His goodness and faithfulness.

“The steps of a good person are ordered by the Lord, And they delight in their way (they are happy as they walk). Though they fall, they shall not be utterly cast down;
For the Lord upholds them with His hand.
I have been young, and now am old;  Yet I have not seen the righteous forsaken,
Nor his descendants begging bread.  He is ever merciful, and lends;
And his descendants are blessed.”
(Psalm 37: 23-26)

Don’t borrow tomorrow’s worries today. Worry is experiencing a crisis before it happens. Don’t do that. We spend great portions of our time fretting over future things that we can do nothing about.  Most of the things we worry about will never happen, other things we worry about can’t be changed.  

It is ok to ask God for more blessings, good health, better income, but take one day at a time.  “He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not with Him also freely give us all things?” (Romans 8:32).  “Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened.” (Matthew 7:7-8)

God’s Word gives us some great free advice:  John 14:1 - “Do not let your heart be troubled.”    Philippians 4:6 - “Do not be anxious in anything.”  God said in Proverbs 3:5-6 “Trust the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight."

A great percentage of our illnesses is in some way related to worry and anxiety and stress. The number one killer in America is heart disease. 38% of all deaths are heart related and many of those are related to hypertension, high blood pressure and anxiety.

Let’s look at the cup half full instead of half empty.  Think about the weather reports – what do they say, Do you know what today’s forecast calls for?  It calls for a 10% chance of rain. – How come we never say 90% chance of sunshine. 

Let us all strive to take one day at a time, knowing that God will bless us and will provide for us. Let us remember that God is greater than our needs…today, tomorrow, and forever.  This life on Earth is only a small part of the wonderful things that God has prepared for those who love Him. “No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love Hm” (1 Corinthians 2:9).
Heaven that will make our difficult times on Earth seem small.  “For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.” (Romans 8:18)